Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gingerbread Construction

The Christ Lutheran Preschool kids annually go to a local elementary class and decorate gingerbread houses (graham cracker covered milk cartons, but who's counting?) with a first or second grade buddy. That's about fifty small children in one carpeted room with LOTS of icing and candy. Can you blame me that I just showed up for the last ten minutes of it? Can you blame me that I didn't take pictures (but luckily my friends did!)? I feel for the teacher, and I feel for the custodial staff. You people are other-worldly.

Notice how the girls got all dressed up fancy for the festivities, while Owen just had the sugar-crazed look from the get-go. Sigh.

Owen's buddy was Brett ("like bread," Owen told me). He helped Owen create a masterpiece, and also helped him polish off some of the candy too. I think they were made for each other.

No comments: