Sunday, July 12, 2009

We Know People--and It's Good

Our good friends, the Bergmans, just bought a boat. It's a nice Bayliner, perfect for taking on Lake Whatcom, out in the Sound, over to the San Juan Islands... We were lucky enough to accompany them on the maiden voyage a week ago. It was such a perfect day for it!

The day was filled with water fights (just don't get Melinda or Michelle--moms usually don't go for that sort of thing), tube riding, and sunbathing. Couldn't have been better!




Sean's "job" was taking the kids on the tube. All of them were a little hesitant, but by the end of the day, all of them had tried it out. This picture is him with Guyan.


And a video of Owen's first time...






Even the moms did the tubes...the kids were mightily impressed (and so were we). I have a video of this, but blogger won't upload it. You'll just have to trust me.

Sean and I took a turn together, too. I had to show him I could handle real speed.


We can't wait to do it again (and boating in the Sound, and the trips to the San Juans, and, and...). We could get used to this!


And I can end the post without a proper picture of the proud new boat owners...except that I don't have one! But this picture tells its own story...Dan was Captain of the ship all day, and I have a sneaking suspicion that's exactly where he wanted to be.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The video kind of says it all! I'm going to have to record some of those moments too. We're looking forward to many more boating days with you guys too! Maybe this week, after work (when the sun comes out!)?